Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Arabic Lessons

Yesterday I randomly checked the news online since sometimes it feels as though I am living in a bubble here, and I was shocked to see the horrors that happened at VA Tech! What a senseless, unbelievable, tradegy! My heart goes out to all of you that lost a loved one.

Last night I had my first Arabic lesson....it was really hard and I was horrible at it! But so were the other 5 ladies in the class and some of them have lived here for years so that made me feel a bit better. The classes last a month and are somewhat expensive but its good because it gives me something to keep my brain active and the social aspect is fun. After the class we all went out for a beer and since it was only the second time Ive had a drink in the past few months, it only took me two pints to feel a bit drunk!

Yesterday when we were at a dive site, Nigel got his watch stolen out of his dive bag...the watch that I gave him and had engraved. :( Its the fifth time he has had stuff stolen. When things like that happen I am ready to pack my bags and leave. I have never lived somewhere so hypocritical where prayer chants ring out five times a day but everyone also tries to rip you off or steal from you. There hasn´t been one day that has gone by that I haven´t had to haggle over the price of groceries or a taxi ride. OK I am finished venting!

Miss you all!

No comments: